Recipe by HokiesMom
From a Minute Rice recipe cut out of a magazine. I love the addition of orange juice to this stir fry and also using the brown rice. My kids really like this choice.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Couldn't have been better ~ Your recipe makes for a delicious chicken dinner, more or less complete within itself, although I did serve a small salad with it! I like serving chicken this way, & the sauce was especially flavorful! All that, along with a couple servings of veggies right in there & we were comfortably set! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips (approx 3/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces fresh snap peas (you can use frozen, just thaw and drain them)
- 10 ounces fresh baby carrots, par-boiled and then drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Stir broth, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vegetables and rice and return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Cover again and let stand 5 minutes then fluff with a fork before serving.