Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a Minute Rice recipe cut out of a magazine. I love the addition of orange juice to this stir fry and also using the brown rice. My kids really like this choice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips (approx 3/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces fresh snap peas (you can use frozen, just thaw and drain them)
- 10 ounces fresh baby carrots, par-boiled and then drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Stir broth, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vegetables and rice and return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Cover again and let stand 5 minutes then fluff with a fork before serving.
Couldn't have been better ~ Your recipe makes for a delicious chicken dinner, more or less complete within itself, although I did serve a small salad with it! I like serving chicken this way, & the sauce was especially flavorful! All that, along with a couple servings of veggies right in there & we were comfortably set! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]