Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and simple dish to prepare. This is a good dish for family and friends.
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Combine first three ingredients and set aside.
- Lightly flatten breasts to uniform thickness.
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Add chicken, cook until brown on both sides.
- Pour glaze over chicken.
- Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes basting occasionally.
- or until chicken is tender and done.
This recipe gets 5 stars for ease and simplicity. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I did make one change. Instead of sauteeing the chicken in butter, I mixed the chili sauce, marmalade and mustard in a separate bowl then poured it over chicken breasts and baked them at 375 (covered) for about 40 minutes. Also, the sauce was thin. If you like a thick sauce, you might want to stir in a little cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
I really liked how easy this recipe was. I used half hot chili sauce and half mild because that was the only thing in my pantry but be careful with the hot chili sauce unless you like it spicy because it was hot. If you only have hot chili sauce I would add more marmalade to level it out.
I liked this, next time I might try apricot preserves for a different flavor. I used individual frozen chicken thighs in the crockpot, didn't brown them and doubled the sauce, thickened the sauce at the end with cornstarch.