Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this recipe last night.....yummy!! A friend of mine gave it to me, don't know where he got it but he said I should try it since I am crazy about chicken and orange!! I served this with some jasmine rice and fresh baked rolls....
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat a non-stick skillet over med. heat. Add chicken and spinkle with salt and pepper. (I don't use salt and pepper, instead I use Nature's Seasonings, personal preference)
- Cook 6 - 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet, keep warm.
- In same skillet, add sugar snap peas*, carrots and water.
- Increase heat to med. high, cover and cook 4 - 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix marmalade and cornstarch until well blended.
- Return chicken to skillet and add marmalade mix. Cooke 2 - 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until chicken is no longer pink in center and the sauce has thickened.
- *I couldn't find sugar snap peas so I used Italian green beans, it was good!
This was a very easy recipe, but we felt that it lacked flavor. Added soy sauce and garlic to perk up the sauce. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.