~*Miss Diggy*~'s Note:
We have a plethera of mint that grows behind our home. The scent is overwhelming when you walk down the steps into the backyard. This dish is a very quick recipe to pull together. It has a fruity flavor that is so yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the surface of the chicken with diamond marks, by cutting the surface 3 times an inch apart one way, and then turning a fourth of a turn and cutting again 3 times, then place in a shallow dish.
- 2Combine the next 4 ingredients and pour over the chicken and then salt and pepper, then cover and place in the fridge for about 4-6 hours, or until needed.
- 3Get chicken out of fridge and take out of marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat the oil in a skillet, and then saute the chicken until it is golden, turning once. Drain off excess oil and then pour marinade into the skillet and cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- 5Cook the rice according to instructions, and once done drain well. Grate the orange rind and stir into the rice with the mint.
- 6Remove white plith from orange and cut into segments.
- 7Serve chicken with rice and orange segments and mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 163.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 47.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: