Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
We have a plethera of mint that grows behind our home. The scent is overwhelming when you walk down the steps into the backyard. This dish is a very quick recipe to pull together. It has a fruity flavor that is so yummy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the surface of the chicken with diamond marks, by cutting the surface 3 times an inch apart one way, and then turning a fourth of a turn and cutting again 3 times, then place in a shallow dish.
- Combine the next 4 ingredients and pour over the chicken and then salt and pepper, then cover and place in the fridge for about 4-6 hours, or until needed.
- Get chicken out of fridge and take out of marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and then saute the chicken until it is golden, turning once. Drain off excess oil and then pour marinade into the skillet and cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Cook the rice according to instructions, and once done drain well. Grate the orange rind and stir into the rice with the mint.
- Remove white plith from orange and cut into segments.
- Serve chicken with rice and orange segments and mint sprigs.