1/1 Photo of Orange-Glazed Carrots With Mint
A simple and tasty side dish from Fine Cooking. I don't cut the carrots as stated, I just use whole baby carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the carrots on the diagonal into 3-inch lengths.
- 2Cut thicker pieces in half lengthwise to make them uniform in size.
- 3Heat the oil in a 9-inch saute pan over moderate heat.
- 4Add the carrots and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Add the ginger, garlic, and shallots and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, 5-7 minutes.
- 7Add the honey, orange juice, soy sauce and water.
- 8Cover with a round of waxed paper that fits snugly on the vegetables.
- 9Cook the carrots slowly on top of the stove, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the juices have formed a glaze, 30-40 minutes.
- 10Garnish with the mint.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Glazed Carrots With Mint
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g