Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Slightly sweet, a big hit at any holiday dinner or pot-luck. Make sure you don't over-cook the carrots in the first step. The flavor of the glaze soaks in while the carrots marinate.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 6 ounces orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Steam or boil the carrots until they can be pierced with a fork.
- Boil remaining ingredients until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Mix carrots and glaze and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until hot and carrots are tender-crisp.
Made these for the hot bar at the Deli where I work. They were a big hit and have been requested again. Thanks for making me look like a great cook!
Only made half a recipe, but can certainly tell you that THESE CARROTS ARE A GREAT ADDITION TO ANY TABLE! I almost wish I'd made the whole thing, 'cause they also make a nice mid-day sanck! A definite keeper for me! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]