Recipe by She-Thing
I made this when my family came over for easter in place of brown-sugar, buttery carrots that my family usually makes. Everyone was skeptical at first, but they all ended up enjoying these. You might want to watch the amount of orange juice you put in, some people like it with more, some with less. Explore, enjoy. :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into 2-inch lengths, then halve them lengthwise.
- Place carrots in a large skillet with orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, tossing ooccasionally.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is reduced to glaze, tossing occasionally. this should take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro, serve immediately.