Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Combine both in a small bowl.
- Spread over Danish taste Great on a white cake also.
- This is the recipe I use to top my Danish with.
I used this glaze over an orange sponge cake. I made a double recipe and it was more than enough. It tasted very good, more intensely orange because of using orange juice concentrate rather than orange juice. It complemented the cake very well.
I made this to go over a cranberry coffeecake. It was very easy to throw together and had a nice consistency. I have to admit that with the cranberries, it made for a very tangy combination. If I used it for that again I would dilute the orange juice a little but I can see how the more intense orange flavor would go well with many other cakes.
I loved the ease of this since I didn't have any regular orange juice. I used this to top Recipe#3199 and it worked perfectly. Kind of a thick glaze but it was great. Thanks.