Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
So good and low in fat besides.
- 2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or egg beaters)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Combine baking mix.
- 3 1/2 T cinnamon sugar, and ginger in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk and next three ingredients, stirring well.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups coated with butter spray, filling one-half full; sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 t cinnamon sugar over batter.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately.
I had no cinnamon sugar, so I used 1 tbsp cinnamon + 3 tbsp sugar. These have a nice texture, however the orange flavor isn't very pronounced. I think the amount of zest could safetly be doubled. Thanks!