Recipe by SoCalCookerGal
This bread is very good! A light and somewhat spicey gingerbread. The house smell good while baking. One of the ingredients is tea. I thought an orange spice tea would be nice but for me it took away from the fresh orange rind and juice. I would recommend using something else. I might try using a green tea next. The recipe also calls for molasses but I used honey instead. I think the honey made it less sweet but still very good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, light
- 1⁄2 cup molasses (light or sub and use honey)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 orange, fresh squeezed juice
- 1 large orange, grated rind
- 1⁄2 cup tea, cold
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the molasses, beaten egg, grated rind, juice, tea and mix together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients whole wheat flour, brown rice flour,, baking soda and ginger in a seperate bowl and add to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.