1/2 Photos of Orange Gingerbread
This bread is very good! A light and somewhat spicey gingerbread. The house smell good while baking. One of the ingredients is tea. I thought an orange spice tea would be nice but for me it took away from the fresh orange rind and juice. I would recommend using something else. I might try using a green tea next. The recipe also calls for molasses but I used honey instead. I think the honey made it less sweet but still very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- 3Add the molasses, beaten egg, grated rind, juice, tea and mix together.
- 4Mix all the dry ingredients whole wheat flour, brown rice flour,, baking soda and ginger in a seperate bowl and add to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- 5Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 241.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g