Recipe by Creamcheese5
I found this recipe in and old Chineese cookbook. Sorry the book is so old the cover is missing I don't know the title of the book.
Top Review by Ilysse
We did not love this. The kids liked it and will have the leftovers for lunch but DH and I were not happy. I found the orange flavor was too strong. I've made sauces with orange juice before that we loved but I think here it is just left to stand mostly on its own and it becomes over powering.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, Well Drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (Broccoli, carrots, onion and snow peas)
- 12 ounces cooked vermicelli
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Tofu, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, garlic and red pepper in resealable plastic container. Marinate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tofu mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Serve over vermicelli.