Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. October 2003. Made for camping and/or OAMC!
Make and share this Orange Ginger Skillet Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped orange section
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 8 cups cooked rotini (about 1 pound uncooked corkscrew pasta)
- At home, combine first 9 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Place chicken and cooked pasta in separate large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags; seal.
- At campsite, add chicken to marinade; seal bag. Marinate in cooler 3 hours. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over hot coals (or over medium-high heat if at home).
- Add the chicken mixture, and cook 15 minutes. Add pasta, and simmer 5 minutes or until the chicken is done and the pasta is thoroughly heated.
Maybe cub scouts would want to eat this over rotini, but I can tell you adults would prefer rice. Also, as a last step, I added a splash of OJ to Corn starch and then heated with the cooked mixture until the entirety had thickened, otherwise it was kind of soupy.