Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Blue Bonnet website posting for safe keeping Times are approximate. This recipe uses chow mein noodles for crunch
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups chow mein noodles, divided
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup egg substitute, like eggs beaters
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray 18 medium muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of the noodles; mix with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt in large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Beat margarine in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add Egg substitute, orange peel and juice; beat on low speed until well blended.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 1/2 cup noodles; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.