wicked cook 46's Note:
From the Blue Bonnet website posting for safe keeping Times are approximate. This recipe uses chow mein noodles for crunch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles, divided
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup egg substitute, like eggs beaters
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Spray 18 medium muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Coarsely chop 1 cup of the noodles; mix with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt in large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- 4Beat margarine in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 5Add Egg substitute, orange peel and juice; beat on low speed until well blended.
- 6Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 7Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 8Coarsely chop the remaining 1/2 cup noodles; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan.
- 9Bake 20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Ginger Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 247.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g