Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Salmon is one of the world's healthiest foods. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamins D and B12, and protein, it's an absolute powerhouse of good nutrition. Better yet, it tastes great! Perfect for the hot days of summer the sweet orange-ginger glaze has just a tinge of heat from hot pepper flakes. If you prefer, an indoor grill or saute pan can be used to cook the salmon. From a Diabetes Health newsletter.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't measure the lime juice. I used 2 limes. The sauce was too sour. Maybe the limes gave more than 1/4 cup. I'll try it again and maybe use less lime juice. Thanks Crafty Lady :) Made for Cookbook tag game
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 1⁄4 cup light orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets, rinsed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, orange marmalade, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. until reduced to almost half. Remove from heat; swirl in the butter. Set aside.
- While sauce is cooking, place salmon on a hot grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spoon sauce across salmon and serve.