This I got from Cooking Light. Serve with rice and crisp vegies. A Healthy low fat low salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) Cornish hens, skinned and halved
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced garnish
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Add to juice mixture in pan, stirring with a whisk.
- 4Cook until thick and glossy about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Place hen halves, meaty sides up, on a foil-lined pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle hen halves with salt,pepper and ground ginger.
- 6Spoon glaze mixture evenly over hen halves.
- 7Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- 8Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until the thermometer registers 180°.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Ginger Glazed Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 309.8 mg
- Sodium 529.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 69.0 g