Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great-I really like miso and this dressing is really good with spinach (I just ate it on its own but it would make a great salad accompaniment to an Asian-influenced meal).
- 1 shallot, peeled (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
- 1 cup canned mandarin orange segments, including juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled
- Put ginger and shallot in a food processor fitted with a metal blade; you could also just mince these with a handheld mincer.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
The miso is great in this. It gave it a real neat Oriental flavour. Used this on a green salad but will try it on your idea of a spinach salad next. Thank you Melismak. . . this is a great recipe.
Yummy and versatile! I'm having it on a spinach salad for lunch today, and will use the remainder as the marinade for a stir-fry dish in the near future. FYI, it works with fresh oranges and scallions, which is what I had on hand. Also, I didn't have low sodium soy sauce, so I used 2 T regular and 2 T water to dilute it a bit. Great, meow!