Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a Fine Cooking recipe for relish of the same name-I found it way too bitter so added sugar and cooked. This got rave reviews at Thanksgiving dinner. NOTE: This should be made several days in advance and refrigerated to allow flavors to combine.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, washed and picked
- 1 orange, zest and fruit (toss the white pith)
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar (can add (to taste)
- Combine cranberries, orange zest, orange fruit, and ginger in food processor and pulse chop.
- Combine in saucepan with sugar and bring to boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until thickened.