Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very refreshing and delicious. I like this served with grilled salmon.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stir frequently.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add in couscous; stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in almonds; serve.
A very simple and delicious side dish that was just perfect to go with the grilled salmon we had for dinner. The citrus ginger flavor was not overpowering but delightfully subtle to my palate. Thanks for posting.