Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great with a glass of milk.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg, corn syrup and orange peel and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into balls about the size of a walnut and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover the balls on the cookies sheet with waxed paper and flatten with a glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes.