1/1 Photo of Orange Ginger Chicken and Veggies
Here is a refreshing way to use leftover poultry adapted from Light and Tasty magazine. Serve over rice with a salad and you have a nice meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, broth, soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic, and hot pepper sauce until well blended: set aside.
- 2Put oil into a large nonstick skillet, add the broccoli, peppers, carrot, and onion; stir fry for 6 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- 3Add the broth mixture and cooked poultry to the skillet.
- 4Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Remove from the heat; stir in the mandarin segments and cashews.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Ginger Chicken and Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 612.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 41.6 g