Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
exchanges: 2 vegetable
- 16 ounces peeled baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- finely shredded orange rind (optional)
- In a large sauce pan cook the carrots, covered in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the orange juice, honey, and ginger; drizzle over warm carrots.
- Toss to coat.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, orange peel.
This made a nice light snack for me. I increased the quantity of orange juice(I used fresh) to 1/2 cup and the quantity of ginger to 1/2 tbsp. I'm glad that this recipe does not call for butter/margarine(I'm watching my calorie intake)! I seasoned this with salt and pepper to taste. Thank you very much for sharing.