Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Broiling the tenderloin makes the most tender, juicy meat; and you'll love the subtle orange-ginger flavor. If you want more flavor, you can increase the amounts of orange juice and ginger. I served this with a green salad, corn on the cob, and applesauce. This makes a great sandwich the next day with some honey-mustard dressing spread on it. Tip: My parents made this on the grill and it was outstanding!!!
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (or 1 1/2 tbsp regular soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated (you can use 1/2 tsp ground ginger, but I strongly recommend fresh)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloin (totaling about 1.5 to 1.75 lbs)
- In a glass bowl, mix the soy sauce, olive oil, orange juice, garlic, ginger and black pepper. Pour into a gallon-size plastic zip-lock bag.
- Place the tenderloins in the bag, push out any air before sealing, mush around until meat is well-coated in marinade, and allow to marinate in the fridge for 2-8 hours.
- Preheat the broiler on high, place the pork in a broiler pan and broil 2-4 inches away from the heat source for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil, allowing to rest for 5 minutes for juices to redistribute.
Loved all the flavors going on in this marinade. The orange and ginger work great together. I added a little crushed red pepper flakes to give the marinade a little kick. I didn't used the broiled method for cooking, instead I followed the cooking steps in Perfect Pork Tenderloin. The pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked, juicy and tender. Made for ZWT5.
Very good marinade. I used a pork roast for this as that is what I had on hand. I marinated for about 8 hours and then roasted it. The flavors were very good together. Made for ZWT5.
Loved the marinade. . . because there is only two of us, I cut the tenderloin in half (as well as the marinade). Instead of broiling I roasted, just before finished basted it with Iron Chef's Orange-Ginger Sauce. YUMMY! Made for ZWT5 Family Picks.