This lovely aromatic loaf is from a bread machine book called 'Hot Bread' which was sent to me from Australia by my eldest sister for Easter. (Thanks Angela!) It is delicious eaten warm with butter and honey and just as yummy as toast the next day. It smells wonderful while baking and has a very subtle ginger flavour, my kids loved it!
- 90 ml water
- 180 -200 ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (or just use fresh milk if you are making it straight away)
- 1 teaspoon bread improver (optional, I left it out as I can't find it here)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 4 tablespoons glace ginger (optional, I couldn't find it so I left it out, but it adds flavour if you can get it)
- Add the ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine, mine is wet first then dry.
- Use basic setting with a medium crust for a 750g loaf and add the roughly chopped glace ginger at the beep.
- Enjoy with butter and honey and a cup of tea!