1/3 Photos of Orange-Ginger Black Pepper Shrimp
I bought a bottle of Trader Joe's Black Pepper Sauce and needed a way to use it! The bottle says: Trader Joe's Black Pepper Sauce is an authentic Thai stir-fry sauce. Add to a stir-fry with chicken, shrimp, or tofu, or use as a delicious marinade for chicken, beef, or pork. Trader Joe's Black Pepper Sauce ingredients: water, sugar, black pepper, garlic, soy sauce, rice bran oil, salt, modified tapioca starch, citric acid. ---- If you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, you might substitute Lee Kum Kee Black Pepper Sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces large raw shrimp (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons trader joe's black pepper sauce (or substitute Lee Kum Kee Black Pepper Sauce)
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot (sliced very thin, then minced ~ or grate the ginger)
- 1 large navel orange (zest peel, then slice orange into segments)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (ginger infused dry sherry even better!)
- 1In a bowl, combine the shrimp, black pepper sauce, grated ginger, orange zest, orange segments, and orange juice ~ marinate for 1/2 hour.
- 2In a hot skillet or wok, melt the butter and olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, and sherry ~ saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the marinated shrimp mixture.
- 4Saute for about 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- 5NOTE: Sauce will be thin ~ you MIGHT be able to thicken it with a little cornstarch mixed with cold water, then add the cornstarch mixture to the hot sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes while stirring, although I read that cornstarch doesn't react well to acidic ingredients so I have not tried to thicken this sauce with it. Perhaps I will buy some arrowroot and try that for this sauce!
- 6Serve over cooked jasmine rice, with steamed broccoli, or green beans.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Ginger Black Pepper Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 301.0 mg
- Sodium 2715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: