Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great dressing for my favorite salad, baby spinach, mandarin oranges, bacon with a few ribbons of fresh basil. The salt can be varied, but a good coarse ground salt such as Hawaiian salt adds so much. It's also a great little marinade for flavorful fish like salmon or even chicken or pork.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange ginger mixed spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 canned mandarin orange sections or 1 fresh orange section
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- Put it all in a bullet or food processor and puree for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes for ingredients to get to know each other and it's ready to go.