An easy asparagus dish that has a refreshing citrus and ginger addition. This is even better the next day! I just sliced the spears into 1/3's toss and served cold! A great salad!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or hazelnut oil)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts (or nuts of choice)
- Cook asparagus in a large frying pan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes, and drain well in a colander giving a cool rinse. Transfer hot asparagus to serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, ginger, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon orange dressing over top or asparagus and sprinkle with nuts.