Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is like the strawberry pretzel salad, but uses orange instead for a refreshing change. We really like it!!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons of sugar;stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
Made this for Thanksgiving dessert for my daughter since she doesn't like pie. She loved it...I decided to try it too and ended up eating this instead of my pumpkin pie. It tastes very similar to a creamsicle. This was very addictive and we will be making it again for sure!
This is a great recipe for a potluck. I love the pretzel crust with the cream cheese, fruit, and jello. I actually mixed it up a little and used strawberry jello because I didn't have orange and it still tasted delicious. I found this recipe in Taste of Home August/September 2007. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe!