Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just a simple fruit salad to make you feel good.
Make and share this Orange Fruit Salad with Cinnamon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- fresh mint leaves
- Using a small, sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all the bitter, white pith.
- Slice the oranges crosswise about 1/3 inch thick.
- Arrange them in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon and orange flower water.
- Garnish with the chopped nuts and mint leaves.
I tried it and these are great ... just used the oranges, sugar and cinnamon ... and it was delish!! Quite a nice surprise of taste! Thanks for posting.
Simple, elegant, and tasty. Very appealing to the visual eye as well. I can imagine it on a white round platter as part of a summer party. Despite Simon's dubious look at it, he ate it and seemed to enjoy it. I halved the recipe and used rosewater and unsalted cashew nuts. I also used chocolate mint, because I killed my other bush. The amount of sugar was just right. I made it up a few hours before hand, adding the mint just before serving. Really nice Evelyn.
This was just a totally "WOW DESSERT". We enjoyed this after our lunch this afternoon and we plan to have it again, very soon! I bet people in Florida must really try this and ENJOY it to the fullest;-)! Thank you for posting such an incredibly good grand finale to a lovely homemade meal.