Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipes comes from the Betty Crocker Special Edition Fall Baking, 2004. What I enjoy about these tasty treats is that the recipe calls for fresh or frozen cranberries! Cooking time really depends on how many cookies are baked at one time!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray several cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- FOR COOKIES:
- In large mixing bowl, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, unsalted butter, orange zest, orange juice, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed (or mix with a spoon).
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges and bottoms of cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- FOR FROSTING:.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice together until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost cookies and enjoy!
I just made this my Mom loves cranberry and orange. I told my six yr old these are Grammy's favorite and he said now they are my favorite too. Thanks for sharing. P.S. the house smells absolutely wonderful.
A new Christmas or any time favorite cookie. Delicious cookie. I used fresh chopped cranberries, fresh orange juice and zest, and added toasted walnuts. They disappeared so I have to make another batch real soon.
Made these to take to a cookie swap. They are a wonderful cookie to add to Christmas cookie tray! I did make two slight changes to the recipe however; first off I cut the sugars back slightly (3/4 c granulated and 1/2 brown unpacked) and the second change I made was to do a rough chop to the cranberries. This is a definite keeper. Made as a recipenap for the 35th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.