Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cucina Fresca, posted by request
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce or 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- coarse salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oranges, preferably navel
- Lightly beat eggs, sherry, tomato sauce, salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small, nonstick, ovenproof skillet.
- Swirl the oil to coat all sides.
- Add in egg mixture to the skillet; decrease heat; cook slowly, stirring frequently, until the eggs have formed small curds and the frittata is firm except for the top.
- To cook the top, place the pan under a hot broiler or in a preheated 400° oven until the frittata browns lightly.
- Remove pan from broiler or oven; let cool in pan 1-2 minutes; place a plate over the top of pan and invert frittata onto it.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 orange over frittata; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel the second orange and remove as much of the white pith as possible.
- Slip a sharp paring knife between the white membrane to release the individual orange segments; garnish cooled frittata by arranging segments around the edge.