Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A french toast recipe that uses cinnamon bread. With a hint of orange flavor, it's a special way to wake up the taste buds of weekend guests. From TOH Parties, Potlucks and Barbecues. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture; let soak for five minutes. Place in a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover, drizzle with butter. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until browned.
Absolutely love the orange zing in this French toast! Unfortunately, hubby missed out on this round but I know he's going to rave over this one. Easy and so yummy...mmmmm. Made during ZWT 5 - France - for the Genies of Gourmet.
Very good! Reduced the recipe to serve one. Instead of orange juice I used a splash of Grand Marnier and orange zest; then cooked on the stove top! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 5
DH suggested that I make something different for breakfast, so I chose this recipe to make. The French toast was so flavorful and delicious, that we overate. I did have enough left over for my DH to have the next day, but I was disappointed I didn't get to have it again! I drizzled a cinnamon sugar glaze over the top and it was yummo!