1/2 Photos of Orange French Toast
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
A breakfast or brunch dish. Note, this dish does have to be refrigerated over night. Chilling time is not included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup honey (I use raw honey)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices French bread (from an unsliced loaf)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice (I use fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Place butter in a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 2Combine the sugar, pecans, orange peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the melted butter.
- 3Arrange bread in dish.
- 4Dot with cream cheese.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, honey, and butter.
- 6Pour over bread.
- 7Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 8Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 9Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10To serve, invert slices onto plates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.9
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 309.5 mg
- Sodium 948.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 25.5 g