Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be served for a Sunday breakfast treat of with vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
- 2 oranges
- 6 slices raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 26 g butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Pare some thin strips from the rind of the oranges and place in cold water until they curl up.
- Peel the oranges and cut into quarters.
- Cut the bread in triangles diagonally.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a frying pan. Dip each triangle in the milk mix until coated and then in the pan to fry. Fry until golden on each side.
- Repeat until all the bread is cooked.
- Serve 3 triangles per person with a dollop of crème fraiche topped with the orange curls.