Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely dessert to serve to your guests.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, baked
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup good quality orange juice (boiled and hot)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (can use the juice with the orange juice to make 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup Cool Whip Topping or 1 cup la creme whipped topping, thawed
- dissolve gelatin in boiling orange juice.
- add softened ice cream by spoonfuls, blending until dissolved.
- chill until slightly thickened.
- stir in mandarin oranges.
- fold in whipped topping.
- pour into baked pie shell.
- freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- remove from freezer 10 mins before serving.