Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just delightful for a warm summer treat.
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ice cubes
- Blend milk, orange juice concentrate, fat free half-and-half, powdered sugar, water, vanilla and ice cubes in a blender until smooth. (Add additional ice cubes to get the consistency you like).
- Serve immediately with an orange slice to garnish.
This was super delicious, Nimz. It reminded me of those orange creamsicle ice cream bars we enjoyed every summer during childhood. Now I can have it in smoothie form! It was so easy to make and it's refreshing, with a delightful creamy orange taste. I will make these often when I want to treat myself to something special. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.
This is a great wake up beverage, especially for someone like me who does not like coffee. Very similar to an Orange Julius. I made mine with all 2% milk and it worked out fine. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
Yummy!!! This is just like an Orange Julius, but alot less expensive!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and followed exactly. It is so refreshing and tasty!! Thanks for sharing the recipe Nimz!!!