Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love the taste of orange and am a sucker for anything with orange in it, this is one good recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- nuts, Chopped, if desired
- Put Jell-O, water, pineapple and juice and sugar in saucepan.
- Cook to boil and Jell-O dissolves.
- Cool until almost set and add Cool Whip.
- Put in bowl of flat dish and garnish with chopped nuts, if desired, may also garnish with orange peel.
- Cooking time would be refrigeration time. I normally leave mine until the next day.
I made this last night, but I must have done something wrong as it didn't set. I tasted a bit anyway and it tasted great. I'll try again. Thanks Jacqueline!
PAC 07 choice. I made this today to take into work and it was huge hit and GONE !!! I only used 1/2 cup of sugar though. I did not want it too sweet cause I work with lot's of elderly people who have to watch sugar intake.
A nice lower fat dessert. I used sugar free jello and, based on Lauralie's review, a little less then 1/2 cup splenda. Next time, though, I'd leave out the splenda all together as I don't feel like it needs it at all. I also used fat free cool-whip. I added the cool-whip in a little too early I think, and mine seperated into a pineapple layer and a coolwhip layer. Still tasty, though. Oh, and this made more like 12 servings for us. 6 would be way too big for us!