- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add orange juice, 1 cup water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa and stir once. Quickly return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, mint, currants and orange zest. Stir with a fork to combine and fluff up grain.