Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from 365 Low Fat Recipes.
Make and share this Orange Flavored Quinoa recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add orange juice, 1 cup water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa and stir once. Quickly return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, mint, currants and orange zest. Stir with a fork to combine and fluff up grain.
Was tasty! I used dried cranberries instead of currants, which were too hard to find for me. Used fresh squeezed oj and zest. Will definitely make again. Used red quinoa.
This recipe is the best! This is the 4th time I am making it and everyone who has it wants the recipe!
Awesome recipe! Our guests kept complimenting me on this throughout dinner. I didn't add onion and instead added some sweetened cranberries at the end. Delicious, thanks!