Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dressing with an Asian flair. The pectin provides body to the dressing without added fat. This dressing can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- In a small container combne the juice, pectin, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and five-spice powder.
- Cover and refrigerator until well chilled.
- Shake and serve over fresh salad greens or mixed fruit.
I liked this a lot. I don't know if the pectin did much but it didn't hurt anything, either. I served this over a simple romaine/mandarin orange/scallion salad & everyone loved the flavors. A keeper!! Thanks, Paula! Made for abandoned tags game.
I did like this but found it to be missing something! I understand that this is 0 fat dressing but think maybe lemon zest, garlic or ginger would have kicked it up. Also the fact I now have a packet of open pectin needing to be used???? I served over red leaf lettuce and fresh orange slices.