Recipe by Traci & Jeff Poole2
Top Review by Chrisbee
Very good and very easy. I also made this using a saucepan because I didn't have a double boiler and it turned out fine. I just kept it at a very low heat and stirred constantly. It took about 6-8 extra minutes of cooking after it thickened to get rid of the raw cornstarch taste for a total cooking time of about 20 minutes. I used this to fill chocolate cupcakes, YUM!
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and corn starch in double boiler.
- Add beaten egg yolk and orange juice. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat, add butter and peel.
- Lemon Cream Filling 1 egg yolk, beaten 1/2 cup sugar 2 Tbsp corn starch 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/8 tsp grated lemon peel 1/2 tsp butter 1/2 cup water.
- Combine yolk, sugar, corn starch, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, lemon peel and cook in double boiler for 15 minutes. Add butter.