Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet | November 2005
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 navel orange
- 1 fennel bulb, stalks cut off and discarded
- 1 firm-ripe california avocado
- Whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until salt is dissolved, then add oil, whisking until combined well.
- Cut peel, including all white pith, from orange. Halve orange lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Halve fennel bulb lengthwise, then cut crosswise into very thin slices.
- Halve, pit, and peel avocado, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss orange, fennel, and avocado with dressing to combine.