Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Delicious orange muffins in honor of beloved mascot Deuce
- 1 orange, quartered and seeds removed (with peel)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or baking cups.
- Put orange quarters in food processor with orange juice and blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to orange mixture until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix orange mixture in with dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- For Glaze:.
- Mix together powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice.
- Spread on warm muffins.