Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A health(ier) orange cookie. (I don't know if cookies can really be healthy. But these aren't as sinful as most....hee hee)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, egg, sugar, orange peel, and orange extract for 3 minutes or until light.
- The mixture will appear curdled.
- Beat in the flour mixture, a little at a time until well blended.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonful about 2" apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove, with the paper to a rack.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and peel off the paper.