1/5 Photos of Orange Drop Cookies
From the 1963 Betty Crocker Cooky Book. These are a cake-like cookie. For variety, add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, raisins or chocolate chips. I used chocolate chips because I enjoy the taste of chocolate and orange together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400F/200°C.
- 2Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3In another large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and egg thoroughly. Stir in orange juice and rind.
- 4Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend together.
- 5Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned on edges.
- 7Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (812 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 70.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g