Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A light cheesecake with a smooth and easy to prepare topping.
Make and share this Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Orange Creamsicle Layer
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, such as cool whip
- Preheat over to 325.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. stir until combined. Pat into a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time then beat in sour cream. Pour filling into crust. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn off the over and crack the over door for 30 minutes. Remove from over and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool mix the creamsicle layer by stirring the gelatin with the boiling water until it dissolves. Then gently whisk in the whipped topping until its completely combined. Pour over cheesecake.
- set on a plate or dish in case of dripping and place in the freezer for an hour. Remove from freezer amd chill in the refrigirator until ready to serve.