Prep 5 mins
Cook 33 mins
- 1⁄2 cup orange colored white chocolate (or use white chocolate and color with food coloring)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate until smooth remove from heat add extract pour on foil lined baking sheet spread evenly when cool chop into medium pieces set aside.
- Combine sugar water salt corn syurp on low heat until sugar is dissolved,turn to medium heat put lid on for 2-3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals uncover cook without stirring untill candy thermometer reaches 260.
- Beat egg white until stiff peaks,pour hot mixture over egg whites in thin stream with mixer on high,add vanilla keep beating untill whites looses its gloss and holds its shape,add nuts and orange candy pieces.
- Drop by rounded spoonfull onto wax paper.