Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Orange cookies with white chocolate--need I say more?
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups white vanilla chips or 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Then add in egg and peel and mix.
- Then add in dry ingredients.
- Stir in chips and drop onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Let stand for a couple minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is AMAZING! Our church had a dinner auction several months ago and I "auctioned" off a year's worth of cookies (a batch a month). I made these in January for the high bidder and to quote their daughter: they are "freakin' awesome!" I used 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract. Worked beautifully. This is a new family favorite!!!
We added these to our Christmas trays this year. I only had one small orange, so I collected as much zest as I could and then supplemented it with a little orange extract. They were really delicious, and a hit with everyone. Thanks for a good one!
The cookies were a big hit! Very tasty..or dreamy!! I read the reviews before making and I took the suggestion of one just adding 2tsp of the orange rind but instead of adding 1/2tsp of the orange extract, I added the orange juice from the orange I used! It was fantastic! Brought them into work and they were gobbled up! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I think I'm going to try it with lemon this weekend! :)