Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com It was submitted by "Pauline" I made it for dessert on Christmas day. It is very good! The cake is nice and moist without having an overpowering orange taste. You can use any kind of frosting/icing on this cake or even sprinkle powdered sugar on it. I used a can of Cream Cheese frosting on mine. I made this cake in a bundt cake pan. I do not know how it will turn out in a 9x13x2 inch cake pan or (2) 9 inch round cake pans. Prep and bake times are approximate.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope Dream Whip
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- frosting or icing, of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F (or 175C) Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Dump cake mix, jello powder and Dream Whip powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Add oil, milk and eggs and mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour into prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a dinner or cake plate, bottom side up, on top of the cake pan.
- Turn over and lightly shake the pan to help loosen the cake from it.
- You might be able to feel the cake loosen from the pan.
- While cake is still warm (but not hot) spread a light layer of the frosting on the side and top of the cake.
- This will result in a nice glaze effect on the cake.
- Or you can allow the cake to completely cool and frost it like you would normally frost a cake.
Nice moist cake!! Makes me think of spring if that makes any sense. Must be the color and orange flavor. I used a 13 x 9 pan and it cooked in about 30-35 minutes.
This cake was good, I put a pig pickin cake topping on it: cool whip with vanilla pudding mix and a small can of crushed pineapple. But I do think that it was a little too dense and dry.
Someone brougt this to a church function and it was the best!! It tastes just like a dreamsicle ice cream. MMMMMM!