Recipe by dragon reader
I haven't tried it yet, but it looks so good and most of the ingredients are things even I have on hand most of the time. Found it on bettycrocker.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) box white chocolate pudding mix or 1 (8 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated orange peel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated white chocolate, baking bars
- toasted slivered almonds, if desired
- white chocolate curls, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, beat pudding mix and 1 cup milk with wire whisk or electric mixer on low speed about 2 minutes or until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Reserve about 8 orange segments for garnish; stir remaining orange segments into pudding mixture. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F; grease bottom and side of 9-inch round cake pan with shortening or cooking spray; lightly flour.
- In medium bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in grated baking bars. Pour into pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place cake on serving plate. Spoon topping onto cake. Garnish with reserved orange segments, the almonds and chocolate curls. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Use 1 3/4 cups Bisquick mix and 1/2 cup milk in cake.