Recipe by Darkhunter
This sounds so good! Recipe was on a lid of candied orange peel. Didn't want to lose it, so posted it here.
- 1 (18 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces candied orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 1 tube pan or 2 small loaf pans. Dredge candied orange peel in flour.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and orange extract Beat at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Mix in candied fruit and pour into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, and move to serving dish.
- For Glaze, combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle on cooled cake.